WooCommerce PDF Invoices Description & Features
WooCommerce PDF Invoices automatically attaches a PDF copy of the invoice to the completed order email. Customers can login to their account and download previous invoices and admins can resend the PDF or download a copy
WooCommerce PDF Invoices Features
- Customizable invoice template
- Legal company information sections like tax number etc
- Sequential invoice numbering
- Attach PDF to “New Order” email for admins
- Add logo image to PDF
- Customize date format
- Customize invoice number format
- Add / Remove columns from the invoice using filters
- Invoice number column in order list
- Resend Invoice or download invoice from the order list
- Invoice info meta box on edit order screen
Testing Invoice Layouts WooCommerce PDF Invoices
To test your layout and settings, create a test order and set it to completed.
All orders, completed or otherwise, will have a “Download Invoice” icon in the actions area:
Click and check the invoice layout.
PDF File Name Parameters
The PDF filename should be unique and easy to spot for customers. Use up to 3 variables and any other text. For example:
would give a file name of INVOICE-WooThemes-AAA1234BBB-12052013.pdf
You can arrange the variables in any order.
PDF Invoice Number Suffix WooCommerce PDF Invoices
If required, the invoice number suffix can include the current year. Add:
to the suffix setting.
Choosing which emails to attach an invoice – WooCommerce PDF Invoices
From version 4.12.0 the option to choose which email has an invoice attached has moved to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Emails.
Each email now has an option to attach an invoice if an invoice is available.
Create Invoices for Existing Orders
If you need to create an invoice for a previously completed order, just resend the Completed Order email from the Order Actions meta box.